Sunday, November 9, 2008

Exciting Week!!!

So I am finally back in the land of blogging. I have thought about sitting down to do a blog many times in the last week but my crazy schedule has not allowed it!

Miranda had a birthday this week..she turned 14! I just can’t believe that my baby is now 14 years old! It seems like just yesterday she was a baby! Anyone that has first time kids please cherish every moment! Being a parent is the greatest, most exciting, challenging experience of your life! I have enjoyed every minute of it. There are times you have to have tough life and say or do things that as a parent you don’t want to do but in the long run you know it is best for your child. I have worked hard to not only be Miranda’s mom but also a friend. We have a great relationship that I LOVE!!! She knows when it is time for me to be the mother but she also knows when it is time for me to be her friend and us have a great time. We are very honest and open with each other, I think that helps a lot especially at this age. Miranda’s dad left when she was 2 so it was just her and I from there on out(I dated on and off) but nothing really serious until Todd. I think the years that Miranda and I spent were it was just her and I were really formative years in our relationship. I feel that our relationship is a lot stronger and we are bonded more tightly than a lot of mother and daughter relationships b/c of everything we went through. I lost a husband, a brother(through death) and a father through death when Miranda was really young. She had to watch me as a mother grow up and learn a lot of heard lessons about life. The neat thing is we went through all that together . I have been able to teach Miranda the value of life and what it means through these losses! None of the losses were fun but they helped both of us grow. When Todd entered the picture he could tell the relationship we had and knew it was very strong. He has only helped strengthen it. Todd is a wonderful father and step father! He takes the time to listen and talk to Miranda. He takes the time to help her and spend time with her. He tries to involve her in things that are important to our family b/c of that we have created a wonderful family. He also helped develop a relationship with Miranda and Lauren. When you take two only children and put them together into a home it can be hard but with our hard work we have really created a GREAT bonded family(I have totally gotten off the subject here). So back to where I was at Miranda I am so glad that you were chosen to be my child! I thank God everyday for that! I am very lucky to have such a loving, caring daughter! I LOVE YOU and I am very very proud of you! Keep on smiling and working hard! You are gonna go far in life!!! Here are some pictures from her birthday!







On to other things going on in my life. Let’s see I had my first Premier Home Show yesterday. It was at my mom’s house. I was pleased it was not as much as I had hoped for but it was still a very good turn out with a good amount sold. We invited about 135 people and had about 30 show up. Out of those most all bought something so that was good. I am really getting ready to work my business hard and try to push it more. My biggest challenge is getting over the fear of asking people if they want to have a home show. I can do the show once I book it….it is just asking for the bookings. I have to get out of my comfort zone and start asking! If anyone wants to have a party here is your invitation! Let me know….I will be glad to do it! All you have to do is invite a few people over and have a few snacks—I do the rest and you can get tons of free jewelry!!!! Here are some pictures from my show:







Well that is all the excitement in my life this week! I am off to do some work that I really really need to get done. I have to focus today!!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well! Talk to you all soon!!!!!









1 comment:

Alli said...

I don't think Miranda could look more like you. It is like looking at you in the mirror. She is a beautiful girl.

I will be in Marion the week of Thanksgiving. Maybe we can hook up. What are your plans?