Friday, May 1, 2009

Things Have Changed with ME!

Okay I have had some changes in my life since I last blogged. For many this is not a big deal but for me it WAS a very big deal. I have struggled for about a year with female issues. When I first started having the issues I was not really aware they were female issues. You say What? I was staying sick alot and having lots of issues with pain in my back and sides. I was going to my regular doctor for these issues but never related them all to female issues. After many months of just feeling rotten and staying sick I made the decision to go to another doctor. Upon the first meeting he quickly told me I needed to see my OBGYN. At first I was like yeah whatever but he insisted. With a push from Todd I went and began telling the doctor all my issues. She quickly did several test to determine that I was in alot of pain with many issues included a very large cyst on my left ovary, numerous fibroid tumors on my other ovary, very bad anemia and endometriosis that had taken over all my female parts. At this point she wanted to do a blood test to determine if it was possible that I had any chance of having Ovarian Cancer. The test came back elevated so it was determined that I needed to have a total hysterectomy. On April 21st I went into the hospital to have this done. I stayed in the hospital from Tuesday thru Friday. When I came home I was still in a great deal of pain and needing alot of assistance. Only one week later I am now able to get around on my own, take a shower by myself and have greatly lowered my pain meds. I was taking pain meds every 4 hours and know I am making it almost for 12 hours before I have to take them. I am already able to tell a great difference in the way I feel. I think I felt bad for so long with my monthly issues and I my anemia that it just took a really big toll on me that I did not realize. I have to stay home 6-8 weeks which may drive me in sane! I am already getting cabin fever and it has only been one week at home since the surgery.

I am really excited to get a fresh start. My doctor came in a couple of days after the surgery and was telling me how this was an opportunity to really start my life over. He said so many women suffer from female issues and don't realize how much it rules there life. He talked to me about using this as a chance to really just start over with a new lease on life. That I am for sure going to do! I am just really excited about the healing process and getting to the point that I really feel good. I have had so many people tell me that I will feel like a different person. I can already tell that I am feeling tons better! I plan to really make some big changes in my life once I get this behind me!

My family, friends and strangers have been so nice to me. Alot of prayers have been lifted up on my behave. The cancer thing really had us scared. Thank goodness they were able to clean me out and tell me that I was cancer free! That was a wonderful thing to hear!!! I can't tell everyone thank you enough for the love, prayers, and support. They have meant so much to me!!!!

I love you all!!!

Beth

No comments: